EDIT MAIN
Plus_blue

School History
Educational excellence has long been a tradition for families in this area. In fact, since before the Civil War, on a site near our current school site, children have been educated by teachers who demonstrated great concern and passion for their academic success. In 1884, Monitor School District No. 21 was officially established as the 21st school district in Washington County. And, in 1901, a new school building that still stands today, just to the east of us on Monitor Road, was constructed to serve the 1st through 8th grade students and their two teachers. Nearly 50 years later, on August 14, 2007 the Springdale School Board voted to name one of its newest schools Monitor Elementary School to honor the educational heritage provided by the former teachers and students who attended Monitor School, which was established in 1884 near the current school site.